Saturday, July 11, 2020

Dil Bechara actress grilled for 7 hrs

Must Read

Demand for eggs and lemons increases in Hyderabad

Hyderabad: Residents of Telangana have increased intake of eggs and lemon to boost immunity and fight coronavirus. Daily one...

Hyderabad MP Owaisi urges people to undergo COVID-19 test

Hyderabad: AIMIM president and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi on Saturday underwent a COVID-19 test to create public awareness in...

Anurag Kashyap recalls Manoj Bajpayee’s fear of heights during ‘Satya’

Mumbai: Anurag Kashyap has taken to social media to recall the experience of shooting for Ram Gopal Varma’s superhit crime...

Mumbai: Mumbai Police recorded the statement of Sanjana Sanghi, co-star of Sushant Singh Rajput in “Dil Bechara”, the actor’s last film which is slated for a digital release on July 24. Sanjana was interrogated at Bandra police station for around seven hours as part of investigation into the death of the actor.

After Dil Bechara actress, statement of Shekhar Kapur will be recorded

Police will also record the statement of filmmaker Shekhar Kapur. The filmmaker has become significant for the police because he was to direct the ambitious “Paani” starring Sushant at one point for Yash Raj Films (YRF), and also because he tweeted a strong-worded opinion after the actor’s death, hinting that others in the film industry might have had to blame for the demise and not Sushant himself.

“I knew the pain you were going through. I knew the story of the people that let you down so bad that you would weep on my shoulder. I wish I was around the last 6 months. I wish you had reached out to me. What happened to you was their Karma. Not yours,” Kapur had tweeted.

Sushant Singh Rajput’s contract with YRF

Mumbai Police had earlier obtained a copy of Sushant’s contract with YRF. The contract revealed a three-film deal for the actor, offered by the production house.

According to a report in indiatoday.in, the contract revealed that Sushant was to be paid Rs 30 lakh for his first film, Rs 60 lakh for his second film and Rs 1 crore for his third film with the banner, provided the second release was a success at the box office. The report said that YRF reserved the right to decide if the film in question was a success or not.

The India Today website added that Sushant’s first film with YRF was “Shuddh Desi Romance” in 2013. He was paid Rs 30 lakh for the film, according to contract. His second YRF release was “Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!” in 2015, for which he was paid Rs 1 crore.

According to contract, Sushant’s third film with YRF was to be Shekhar Kapur’s “Paani” but the film reportedly ran into rough weather after Kapur had differences with the production house.

Sushant ended contract

Sushant ended his contract in 2015 and opted to work with other banners, according to the website.

The late actor’s sister Meetu and her husband, and the late actor’s friend, actor Mahesh Shetty, also met the police on Tuesday.

Actor committed suicide at his apartment

Rajput had committed suicide at his apartment in suburban Bandra on June 14.

His father K K Singh told the police that he and other family members didn’t know the reason behind Rajput’s depression.

Source: With inputs from IANS

Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

Latest News

Demand for eggs and lemons increases in Hyderabad

Hyderabad: Residents of Telangana have increased intake of eggs and lemon to boost immunity...

Hyderabad MP Owaisi urges people to undergo COVID-19 test

Hyderabad: AIMIM president and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi on Saturday underwent a COVID-19 test to create public awareness in his constituency about the need...

Anurag Kashyap recalls Manoj Bajpayee’s fear of heights during ‘Satya’

Mumbai: Anurag Kashyap has taken to social media to recall the experience of shooting for Ram Gopal Varma’s superhit crime drama “Satya” back in the...

Telangana leaders seek action in mosques demolition incident

Hyderabad: Prominent Muslim leaders of Telangana have demanded criminal action against those responsible for the demolition of two mosques in the old secretariat premises.Reacting to...

Congress demands sedition case for mosque, temple demolition

Hyderabad: The Congress party lodged a complaint with Hyderabad City Police demanding registration of sedition case against those who demolished places of worship in...

More Articles Like This