Hyderabad: Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) on Tuesday released the notification for Group I posts. There are a total of 503 vacancies.
As per the notification, the submission of online applications will begin on May 2, 2022, and the last date for applying for the recruitment is May 31, 2022.
Eligibility for TSPSC Group I recruitment
For most of the posts, the candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree. However, for the post of Regional Transport Officer in Transport Service, the candidates must hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering or Automobile Engineering or equivalent qualification whereas, for the post of Assistant Treasury Officer / Assistant Accounts Officer / Assistant Lecturer in the Training College and School (Treasuries and Accounts Service), they must hold a degree in commerce or economics or mathematics.
Apart from candidates must satisfy age criteria. They must be in the age group of 18-44 years as of July 1, 2022. However, for the posts of Deputy Superintendent of Police Category – II (Police Service), Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Men) (Jails Service), and Assistant Excise Superintendent (Excise Service), they must be in the age group of 21-31 years.
Preliminary, main exams
The preliminary test and main exam for TSPSC Group I are likely to be held in July/August and November/December 2022 respectively.
The exact dates of the examinations will be notified later.
The preliminary test will be objective type and it will be OMR based whereas, the written exam will be descriptive type.
List of TSPS Group I posts
- Deputy Collector [ Civil Services, (Executive Branch)]
- Deputy Superintendent of Police Category – II (Police Service)
- Commercial Tax Officer (Commercial Tax Services)
- Regional Transport Officer (Transport Service)
- District Panchayat Officer (Panchayat Services)
- District Registrar (Registration Services)
- Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Men) (Jails Service)
- Assistant Commissioner of Labour (Labour Service)
- Assistant Excise Superintendent (Excise Service)
- Municipal Commissioner – Grade-II (Municipal Administrative Service)
- Assistant Director (Social Welfare) including District Social Welfare Officer (Social Welfare Service)
- District Backward Classes Welfare Officer including Assistant Director (District Backward Classes Development Officer) (Backward Classes Welfare Service)
- District Tribal Welfare Officer (Tribal Welfare Service).
- District Employment Officer (Employment Service)
- Administrative Officer including Lay Secretary & Treasurer Grade II (Medical & Health Services)
- Assistant Treasury Officer / Assistant Accounts Officer / Assistant Lecturer in the Training College and School (Treasuries and Accounts Service)
- Assistant Audit Officer (State Audit Service)
- Mandal Parishad Development Officer (Panchayat Raj & Rural Development Service).
TSPSC Group I: Govt notifies changes in recruitment process
How to apply for TSPSC Group I exams
Interested and eligible candidates need to complete One Time Registration (OTR) on the TSPSC website before applying for the Group I exams.
Those who have already completed OTR can apply using their TSPSC ID.
They have to pay the application process fee and examination fee of Rs. 200 and Rs. 120 respectively. However, candidates belonging to SC, ST, BC, EWS, PH, ex-servicemen of Telangana State, and unemployed applicants are exempted from payment of the examination fee.
For more details, candidates can read the details notification from the official website of TSPSC (click here).